In a telephone call to the North East No Campaign at 2.30pm today the House of Commons Library was enquiring about the written evidence put to the Select Committee on the Regional Assemblies Draft Preparations Bill by the North East Says No Campaign
This may puzzle some people that they came to us. They did not have NESNO's telephone number.
It may also puzzle some people that NESNO were listed as the No Campaign on the ODPM agenda for the Select Committee produced on 9th September for a meeting that was scheduled for the 15th. Click here for the agenda.
Puzzling because the Electoral Commission did not designate the official No campaign until 14th September.
Puzzling because the North East No Campaign was not invited to present evidence despite the fact that everyone comes to us, even when trying to contact NESNO.
Puzzling as to how NESNO were contacted by the Select Committee when even the House of Commons Library doesn't appear to have their number. Had the 'establishment' already made the decision?
Puzzling as to why the Electoral Commission, were still giving out our telephone number as the ' No Campaign' after designation.
The mess is gradually unravelling and more and more evidence of an establishment stitch-up of the People's No Campaign by the ODPM and the Electoral Commission is becoming apparent.
When Colin Moran of the No Campaign stated to Sam Younger, Chairman of the Electoral Commission, at an arranged meeting (Thursday 23rdSeptember) at Trevelyan House, that weeks ago Professor Tomaney of the Yes Campaign had stated, "you lot (No Campaign) will not get the money because you are not part of the 'establishment'," Sam Younger said nothing. He broke eye contact and did not refute or challenge the statement.
More will be revealed about this meeting in the coming days, but if you wish to read what Sam Younger said in a letter to the Sunday Telegraph about the decision of the Commission, please click here
What we find staggering is that the decision to hand over £100k of public money to NESNO (or even to us for that matter) was made without a telephone call to us or them (we can confirm we did not receive one) to see if we actually existed.
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- ► 2005 (445)
- Latest Poll...59% of Chronicle Readers Say No
- Press Release
- 'Foot in Mouth' disease flares up again
- Parents hold power balance Sep 30 2004 By Graeme...
- Calls start coming in...from Conservatives
- Letter Writers Exposed...Undercover Elephants
- More rows in the Counties and Districts
- Letters exposing misrepresentation cover the regio...
- NECC Poll rattles Yes Campaign into desperatesvill...
- More evidence of a stitch up
- Today's Letters
- NESNO Say No
- Journal Letters
- Assembly proposals 'half-baked' Sep 24 2004 By E...
- Sunday Telegraph Letters Date: 26 September 2004 ...
- North East's Biggest City Says No
- More bad news for Yes
- Prescott now exposed as desperate
- The full press release from NECC
- Northern Echo Business bosses reject N-E assembly...
- Another nail in the Yes Campaign coffin
- National Coverage as stakes get higher
- Judicial Review Papers Lodged
- Liberal Party Chairman calls for a No vote
- Tony Blair and Gordon Brown unite to say 'No'
- Yes Campaign kicked again by business
- ...while the official campaign sat on its hands
- North East Small Business not impressed with Presc...
- No Campaign takes the Deputy Prime Minister to Hig...
- Newcastle Evening Chronicle
- Today's Letters
- What price information? What price democracy?
- Lib Dems Say Government "Fumbled" and "stuttered"
- Northern Echo 23rd September... Councils take Lega...
- Regional Organisers Letters
- Sunderland Echo News 23rd September
- NESNO gets a headline! Well done.
- Moe correspondence from the public
- Audit Commission adds nothing ;-)
- ODPM Ask for more time
- High noon for Raynsford
- We want answers from the Electoral Commission, not...
- North East Says No Campaign Responds to the Questi...
- 27 hours and counting...Yes Campaign still silent ...
- More Letters...tidal wave grows
- Emergency Meetings in the Electoral Commission
- Ante Raised...Court case looms
- What are the Tories saying No to, and are they say...
- Spotlight getting brighter...Electoral Commssion g...
- Public waking up to the stitch-up
- Conspiracy over Stitch-up Grows
- 24 Hours and Counting
- Complaints start going in to the Electoral Commiss...
- Stakes raised and ODPM on the back foot
- Electoral Commission catch 'Foot in Mouth'
- 'Foot in Mouth' Epidemic Spreads
- 'Foot in Mouth' outbreak in North East
- Liberals attack Electoral Commission decision
- Prescott Looking for a Court Appearance
- Legal Challenge...Complaint to the Electoral Commi...
- Legal Challenge...Complaint to ODPM
- The Legal Challenge...Audit Commission Complaint
- The Rigging of a Referendum
- The Electoral Commissioners
- As more worms leave the tin
- NESNO walking into punch after punch
- Conspiracy over designation grows
- Shambles now about to become absolute chaos
- Undecided? Yes or No? More champagne Sir?
- Discredited Electoral Commission and the Betrayal ...
- Another Cock-up by the now discredited Electoral C...
- Just to Refresh you
- Electoral Commission about to be discredited?
- Who knew NESNO were the No Campaign?
- Mallon Ponders Role In Assembly
- Constituencies Decided ...after a Yes vote
- What have they done? Its now Conservative vs Labou...
- Electoral Commission Decides
- Rural Communities uncertain over benefits of an As...
- Cross and Non Party Coalition
- More Outrageous claims by Prescott
- There is nothing like a dose of self-interest to s...
- Recent Letters
- Regional Assemblies entering their twilight years....
- "Me? A cynic? Is it not obvious?"
- "We are giving you a referendum you never asked fo...
- A Collection of Recent Letters
- Prescott's Propaganda Challenged
- Whoops they did it again! BBC use Labour Politicia...
- Prescott running scared
- Well Done John Taylor, Leader of Alnwick Council
- What was \the question?
- Bottled Fog Sellers Lose out to Free Bread
- Tidal Wave of opposition
- Simply ask the question..."Why does there need to ...
- Spotlight getting brighter on this outrageous frau...
- ▼ September (96)