Sunderland Council still not putting their hands up. It appears that the quest will be to find an area where they have actually done something correct!
They are hanging on to this by the skin of their teeth.
Saturday, December 3, 2005
by Ross Smith
Legal experts have told council bosses in a parking-fines controversy they must repay more money to drivers.
A Sunderland Council report confirms errors have been made in setting up traffic orders. The council is already returning £33,767 to drivers.
It has admitted it did not implement several ideas recommended by consultants. Now a report confirms discrepancies between traffic orders and signs. It says: "Counsel has given advice for a range of scenarios and it is clear that some further repayments should be made..."
Campaigner Neil Herron, who exposed the errors, said: "They've conceded they've made loads of mistakes, yet its down to the same people to put it right."
Monday, December 05, 2005
- ► 2011 (51)
- ► 2010 (174)
- ► 2009 (115)
- ► 2008 (179)
- ► 2007 (210)
- ► 2006 (392)
- Parliamentary questions for Chris Mullin
- EU Flag
- Size matters when it's a pizza history
- NCP Drive businesses out of town
- Watson v City of Sunderland
- Row escalating as European flag flies again
- The 'metric martyr' a 'figure of dread'??
- Council staff shortages inquiry call
- St George to stay in pole position
- Rochdale MP calls into question disabled parking t...
- Review of parking charges welcomed
- Fears over 'backdoor' regional assembly
- Press Release:Flag Victory as Council concedes def...
- Is there a future for Regional Government?
- Adjudicators decision in RE58...The Rochdale case
- Latest from European Movement on the EU Flag issue...
- Parking gaffe may cost council dear
- The £10m Parking Ticket...out of control scam
- Sweet success for the euro
- People's No Campaign Threatens Legal Action agains...
- More money for wrongly fined drivers in Sunderland...
- Goodwill offer for speeders...Another No Campaign ...
- Flying the flag - its classed as an "Advert" ODPM ...
- English flag on New Airport Sign!
- Another Victory for the No Campaign:This time Nort...
- US Firm Dealing in Flat Pack 'Affordable' Homes
- Cheshire Police forced to take down EU Flag...Anot...
- Is Wear Valley District Council the most unpatriot...
- ▼ December (28)